I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Civil War Quilt...Progress!

I have the first three rows of my quilt done and I have finished making all the blocks!
This is how wide it will be, 7 blocks across. So far, only 3 rows are stitched together, but it will be 11 rows altogether. I am aiming for approximately a twin size, once I add borders. I am going to try to find enough scraps of these fabrics to make a pieced backing, too. I feel really happy about using up some of the fabric in my stash. I love the way it looks so far. I bought the "tea-colored" muslin because I know this quilt will be outside and will probably get dirty. I am relieved that the other fabrics are dark enough to make the pattern evident even with the darker muslin. Back soon with more to show!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html