I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, February 24, 2020

The Joy of Embroidering with Vinyl: Zip Bags


I was so busy at Christmas time that I didn't post any of the many projects I did, so you can consider me 2 months late or 10 months early.
I tried embroidery on vinyl for the first time in November and it has some really great benefits. Mainly, no need to finish edges. Like felt, the vinyl doesn't fray, so no need to line.
These zip bags were gifts for Christmas. They are great for holding a gift certificate or other small treat.
This one is the 6x10 size. If I used my giant 10x14 hoop, I'd have quite a large bag indeed.
5x7
5x7
5x7
These take about 10-15 minutes to make, which is a lot less than the quilted, lined bags I usually do. These are sturdy and water-resistant. They make good makeup pouches, phone cases, beach wallets, etc. And they are fun to make!!

No comments:

pinterest-dffa4.html