I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Friday, March 23, 2018

Border Eyelet Bishop with Pink Underlay

My Smocking  Guild ran a program to teach people  how to make a smocked bishop dress. Since I have made many, I tried to do something new. I used border eyelet (a poly/cotton blend) with one seam in the back AND I pleated it with an underlayer of pink batiste. I stitched the 2 together before pleating and treated them as one. It worked perfectly!
This is Children's Corner "Bishops" pattern, size 18 months. I really like the puffed sleeves on this pattern. I think they are just right. I can't remember what smocking plate I used on this- I have to try to figure that out. I do know I am supposed to add a little 1/8" ribbon woven through the smocking to match the pink ribbon along them hem.
I have more of this fabric left. I would like to make a matching bonnet and/or panties.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dress is beautiful, the bloomers and bonnet it'll be great. Love it

pinterest-dffa4.html