I hope to inspire and entertain you with a lot of sewing and a little of everything else!

Monday, March 16, 2015

The "Gray" Challenge, part 2

In my last post, I showed the little bunny Wee Care gown I made from the gray-striped challenge fabric. I managed to make one more outfit from it, too.
The pattern is Ruby Jean's Closet "Sugar Pie". It's one I've been wanting to try for awhile. I still need to add the buttons to the front panel. This was such a quick sew! I think it took longer to print the pattern and cut it out than it did to stitch it!
I scanned the girl from the fabric and digitized it into an embroidery design.
This was the first girl I did. Once I stitched her, I wasn't sure if the gray kimono showed up enough on the gray fabric, so I did another one in hot pink.
Ooops, forgot to trim the purple jump stitches. So, now the panel is reversible with one girl on each side.
I also made some panties, as this is more of a top than a dress. This is a pattern with so many options. You can make both pieces reversible for 4 different outfits in one!
I'll share what other people made for the "Gray Challenge" in my next post!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love the girl your embroidered! I wish I could do that!

Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

pinterest-dffa4.html